The Red Maids’ School was founded upon John Whitson’s death. Mr Whitson left many bequests in his will; the most important to us was the provision of £90 a year, from the proceeds of his estate at Burnett, for the foundation of The Red Maids’ Hospital.
This generosity, which began nearly 400 years ago, continues to this day, as many people remember Red Maids’ in their wills.
If you would like to leave money to the school in your will, there are a number of ways you can do it:
- Pecuniary Legacy (specified sum of money)
- Residuary Legacy (gift of residue of an estate after other bequests, debts, fees and liabilities)
- Reversionary Legacy (provides for your family first and then benefitting the school)
- Specific Legacy (specified personal possessions such as property, stocks, shares, art etc)
- Conditional or Substitutional Legacy (conditional upon named dependants not surviving legator)
- Deed of Variation (transferring inheritance from someone else’s will to the school therefore supporting the school in your lifetime)
If you would like to discuss this further, please contact Jo Downing in the Development Office, by calling 0117 989 8256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org