Beyond the Curriculum
A whole range of extra-curricular activities are available for Sixth Form students at Red Maids':
- Sporting activities continue, whether you just want to keep fit or you play at a higher level. You can choose your own activity from team sports such as hockey and netball, through to judo, fencing and aerobics.
- There are regular drama productions, open to everyone to audition for, not just those studying drama.
- If you are a musician, there are many opportunities to continue playing or singing, both within the school and in concerts abroad and closer to home.
- For debaters, there are clubs and teams to join, including the Philosophy Society and Amnesty International as well as public speaking competitions such as ‘The Gabblers’.
- Every year brings new opportunities to travel. As well as curricular trips, there are also opportunities to visit developing countries to help with community projects. You can apply for The John James Tools of the Trade Award to help you with the costs of your travel if the trip will help you with your studies.
- Red Maids’ is involved in The Prince's Trust 'Challenge 500' scheme. This is a team-building activity that tasks teams to work against the clock to raise money for The Prince's Trust. This always proves to be great fun, as well as providing valuable experience, and raising money for an excellent cause.
- You will be actively encouraged to join in the 'House' events - these include House Drama, House Music, House Dance and an extensive programme of House Sports competitions.